This is not a “cook down for hours” recipe. This is a “I feel like I swallowed broken glass and need warm spiced cider NOW” recipe.
So let’s get to it, shall we? Sore throats need soothing!
- Mug of Apple cider (if in season, splurge on the good stuff)
- Splash of orange juice (or a few drops of orange essential oil)
- Squirt of Honey (local honey if you have it)
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Cloves (optional)
- Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
Nuke the mug of spiced cider in the microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. (My husband prefers the 60 second temperature. Me, I like the piping hot 90 seconds.)
And enjoy the throat soothing beverage while curled up in a blanket on the couch. If you need a book to keep you company, I would suggest ones with a chilly (or chilling?) setting. My favorites would be:
- Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone (always a winter favorite for me)
- Murder on the Orient Express
- House of Binding Thorns (that frozen orchard scene!!!)
Now, if you’ll excuse me … I have warm spiced cider and a good book.
*snuggles under blanket*